View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 03:14 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3, 2.5si, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercourse View Post
The car wants to go while the brake is pressed.

I thought I had got onto a Toyota forum by mistake!

Quote:

But it may be a drive-by-wire type of issue.
This is a 2008 model X3 with the normal Tiptronic Transmission - No Drive By Wire.

Quote:

The warranty running out should not be a concern - within warranty they are working on the problem, and have tried at least 2 unsuccessful fixes (ECU and Transmission computer).

So it doesn't matter if the warranty runs out before the correct fix is arrived at - it will still be fully covered.
I guess you are right. However it's still very frustrating that it's almost a year from the first time I reported this and it is still not fixed after so many attempts not to mention the waist of time. The funny thing is, every time they attempt to fix the issue, it actually works fine for some time and then the fault is coming back slowly and it gradually becomes worse and worse.

Quote:
Haven't seen anything similar reported here, so can't offer any useful suggestion.

Hopefully the Regional BMW people or HQ will come up with something soon.

That's what they say as well, that they haven't seen this happening before, except now they found another car in Bahrain with the same behavior.

I feel it's either a software problem or a connection issue like a ground fault or something because when I take it back from repair it works for some time just fine and then it starts coming back. I was reading some posts about the transmission software issue some of the X3 owners have been experincing with rough downshifts in low gears. I actually was complaining about this as well but the dealer convinced me it's normal on an X3. Now I start thinking it's somehow related as when I take the car back from service, as I mentioned, the fault does not manifest itself and the driving experience is a lot smoother as well.

Thanks for the post.
Gep.