View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 12:23 AM

Mein Auto: e93 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar36 View Post
Just wanted to post and say how wonderful this service was. I did an ED from 3/3 to 3/12 and hit snow in the alps and around Munich, and was very glad to have the snow tires. Particularly after I dropped off the tires, and then went to drop off the car and had alot of trouble just pulling into the snow covered parking spot at the drop-off.

I'd highly recommend getting the tires to anyone doing an ed in the winter time, its expensive, but defiantly worth it.
Just wanted to add what a decent bloke John Lance is!!!
My ED was 3/23, I'd been watching the webcams and seeing the snow everywhere throughout Jan and Feb, I contacted John with my dates and planed route, he told me that although 4/15 is the magical date, I would probably not need the winter tires for my trip (stayed in Germany) but to check back a few days before I left the US...
I checked back the week before and John told me the weather was looking good and I probably didn't need them...but if I got there an did to give him a call...
Excellent customer service and not a rip off merchant...I'd thoroughly recommend John/EDWinters and would definitely use him if picking up in the winter or going high in the spring...