View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Haro
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
They say it doesn't have enough torque.

I'm 5'8 and 145 pounds. I don't think I'll be much weight for the bike.
I'm 6'2 190. What bikes have you been on to know what torque feels like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Ok quick question, will I need to buy a Jacket, Gloves, and Helmet before the course?
People answered, but no you won't

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Brit View Post
the more high performance bikes like the Ninja's and the Gixxers and what not all build their power pretty high up on the powerband rather than some more dirtbike influenced supermotard type bikes have a little more down low grunt...useable torque, don't have to wind the motor up to get it to go - which I prefer - but I am pretty biased as the only riding I really do is off road. it just seems like you really have to dig for that power on the more high strung race bikes - and they are horribly uncomfortable for any period of time more than 20 min. Just seems they are better suited for a race track than riding around on the street
Thank you for your input as an actual rider. I have owned an f4, gpz550, f3, 954, ninja 250 and gsxr600. I know a little bit about bikes and i was more than happy with the 250. Actually hoping to buy another 250 tonight about at least before 5pm tomorrow when the seller has a buyer coming.