View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
I feel the 250 forces you to be a better rider. I made 100 mile trips on the 05 250 i had and i'm sure i was traveling upwards of 80 mph. I also know that i was able to ram 1-3rd and notice some giddy-up. I have to assume your skills are lacking. I am actually going to pick up a 08 250 this afternoon. To each their own.
IMHO, a 250 IS a good bike to learn on....you can fling it around and explore its (and yours) limits without going to jail or killing yourself (although I managed to come close to both on several occasions :-) My first bike was a Yamaha 250 Big Bear Scrambler (dual-purpose, on/off-road bike), and I still remember the salesman`s warning " Now, *watch it* until you get used to it, this is a full-on two-fifty", and I proceeded to leave the dealer with a long wheelie :-) My friends had a mixed bag of bikes, a Honda 450, a few BSA & Triumph 650s, and Sportster 900s, and my little 2-stroke 250 could wax most of `em up to about 70 or so, then they`d walk me on top end....it was fun....

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....