View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z3/F-150/Hyundai Accent
The class is great for a beginner, and the SV650 will be a great bike to learn on. The Ninja is a great machine. I've never really agreed with people who complain about the lack of torque. I drove a 636 once, loved it to death. You just have to drive the high revving bikes differently. Yes you will be revving to 4k rpms from a stop, but keep in mind some of these things rev to 16k. Most wouldn't be bothered by 2k starts on an engine that revved to 8k, just look at the proportions. Your still in the bottom end of the engine speed range. If you will be driving day to day, I would recommend a detuned sportbike. Something like a Yamaha FZ1, Suzuki Bandit, or Honda Intercepter are wonderful for day to day driving, all have great powerbands that are very user friendly. If its just a toy I'd stick with a 600cc sportbike. Everyone has their opinions, but the R6, CBR600rr, and Ninja 636 are all great bikes. I personally would stick with the CBR but thats just me. Just stay away from the 1000 supersports. There is so much power available that it gets to be a let down because you rarely get to really open it up. My FZ1 would break 80 in first gear, and 100 in second. Its super fun... for an entire 7 seconds I wouldn't want anything faster.

Last edited by Alex_Lounsbury; 04-15-2010 at 04:38 PM.