View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: Ducati 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
Please describe what wasting money is. I had the 250 up to 90 miles per hour as i was bringing it home. I have a feeling the gsxr will be seeing shed time.
Its a pretty easy concept really; it doesn't pay to spend $2700 on a new-ish Ninja 250, then another $350 for registration/title, ride it for 1 month, realize you want/need something bigger, faster, more comfortable, etc then sell it for $2300. Right there you've gone and lost money, hence "waste of money"... I'm not saying they're bad bikes, but they're typically a bad choice for many riders i've seen. A 600 is generally a very tame bike when not in the hands of a complete idiot. They won't throw you off the back even under full throttle, and anyone that shows it respect can see their skills grow as they grow familiar with the bike. A lot of people can outperform what a ninja offers on the street, very few can do that with a 600.

There are a ton of good bikes that can be purchased rather than a ninja 250. Being able to do 90mph doesn't make it a good bike.