View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535d M-Sport
I'll take a shot at asnwering...I have an older Multistrada in the garage, but it is nothing like the new 1200. I have rarely had any trouble with my Ducatis, and am on my 3rd. The service interval now is 7500 miles, so don't worry about the naysayers who tell you "you'll always be adjusting your valves, etc." The new 'Strada has some ride-electronics that have never been seen on a street bike yet-- just pick up any of the current motomags to read about what this bike can do. Your other choice of the Beemer is another worldclass ride. However, being a Ducati guy- I would get the new MTS.

I dunno which to tell you to get, other than to say either one will probably thrill you beyond belief. The dealers are probably not going to offer much of a test ride- unless they "vet" you pretty carefully. My local shop has had test riders who have promptly dumped 20K machines right in front of the shop, due to not being able to handle this level of machine. What's your main application for the new bike? Shorter mountain blasting or more serious long haul touring? Maybe the Beemer might be more comfortable in that case...

If you get one or the other, please report back OK? And post up some pics!

Last edited by railroader; 04-17-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: correction some spelling