View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 05:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 525i
2007 5 Series Bluetooth - Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by rduncan View Post
Find a Compatible Handset - Not all Bluetooth phones will work!
Unfortunately, not all Bluetooth compatible phones will work (partially or fully) with BMW's Bluetooth systems. As such, “Bluetooth” is an ambiguous term and insufficient to ensure compatibility. That is unfortunate, since "Bluetooth" is all that is typically included in the phone's description.

My experience is a good example: my do-everything SonyEricsson P900 does not work with my Bluetooth-capable car (the SonyEricsson P900 lacks a "handsfree profile" required to work with the BMW implementation of integration of cell phone and car). Successful 6 Series Bluetoth retrofit, but phone incompatible

Even if you have a "BT-compatible" phone with the BT "handsfree profile," there are other features that may or may not work properly. For example, the phone should automatically share its phone book with the car to enable a set of nice features: based on your phone's address book: Calling Name display and

BMW Customer Assistance has a short list of compatible phones (SE T68i, SE T610, SE T630, Motorola V600). A more extensive compatibility list is here:
More extensive list of BMW-compatible phones

What phones work for you?
Please share what works for you so that we can all share in your experience and knowledge.

Please post your experience:
----------------------------------------------
Phone model: Verizon DROID
Car model: 2007 525i
[x] ability to make/receive calls
[x] phone book automatically synches to car
[x] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[x] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS

----------------------------------------------
The droid is flakey with the BMW 525i built prior to September 2006. Usually the phone does connect and phone book works fine, but occasionally, the top 8 list disappears (when ever the phone book on the phone is modified) but the redial list remains in tact. Additionally, sometimes when placing a call from the idrive phone book, the music will appropriately cut out and the service will connect, but the call will not come through the car audio -- having to pick up the handset. Turning the phone bluetooth on and off corrects the problem.

I called BMW Customer Support who told me that there is a bluetooth software upgrade available for 525's built before Sept 2006. Mine was built in June. I called the dealer and am getting run arounds as to its availability. They simply don't know what they are talking about. I am calling BMW customer support again this week.

Finally, it is unknown if streaming audio is included in this software update. The BMW site says that software upgrades are available for consumer install via usb sticks, but none are available at this time. (nice).

Does anyone have the upgrade or know where I can get it?