View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Yes, they're real!!!

Send a message via AIM to mksu19 Send a message via Yahoo to mksu19 Send a message via Skype™ to mksu19
Mein Auto: '05 325it / '01 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
So,

If your car is experiencing the following (As i was):

sudden loss of power door locks without warning.
all doors will not lock centrally.
You get odd voltages when you put your meter in the F7 circuit
measuring green red to ground gets you .5 or 1 volt,

This could very well be your problem:
There is a 7 wire connector located under the drivers side carpet (Under the drivers seat). the drivers side tends to get tons of water in it and this connector rusts out. mine was green with corrosion. pull out your seat and remove the necessary trim and lift out your carpet enough so you can see the white cover thing with holes in it and secured to the floor with a nutless bolt. look around for a flat black piece of plastic hanging off of a nutless bolt. snip the wires off and solder them together or pickup a connector.

This Seems to be a a common problem, but is a really easy fix. It was so satisfying to finally hear my power locks whirring away again!

unfortunately though, i seen these two connectors going to a speaker and plugged them in, thinking that i had unpluged them when i removed the trim under the steering wheel.

Now i get the annoying door ding, and a airbag light is on. will unplug them asap. Its driving me nuts...

Hope this helps people! I searched all over this board and counldnt find answers...

Iab

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuparmi View Post
How the heck do i remove the driver's seat???
Any one of these should do:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbarbie View Post
...Not everyone can be as beautiful as Mona and me...

Mona B.