View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535d
Quote:
Originally Posted by rans09vert View Post
Sd brandon, I preferred to buy a car off the lot. I could not locate one with the color and options I wanted. I ordered one with a 3rd row, as I have 2 kids, and we do car pools. Only about 10% of all X5's have 3rd row seats. And, yes we want the car really bad, there is nothing wrong with that. I had an 07 Audi Q7, the lease ended and we turned it in mid march. The residual for the Q7 was changed since I bought my 07, and is soo bad now that it would have been 250.00 more per month for that car vs what I had. I hate mercedes benz, would never buy one, and there are no other SUVs with 3rd rows that we liked. I enjoy my cars, being a car guy, and would be bored out of my mind driving a buick enclave/chevy traverse, and do not like hondas nissan or toyotas. Considering a Land Rover LR4, but with no free scheduled maintenance, the closest dealer being 40 minutes away, and with the reliability history on them, I am not so sure about it. So, I guess I will wait.
What about Porsche. Aren't they #1 in reliability? Wait, no third row?

I, too, am thinking about an SUV to add to my driveway. I was thinking about the x5d or x5 35i but I am concerned about the reliability of these new engines. Even my indy says to wait and see. But, I can't wait forever. Can anyone ease my mind? I have read many positive reviews regarding the 2010 models but most of them are for the diesel version.

Last edited by Gian; 04-28-2010 at 09:41 AM.