View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 525I
i have used Axxis brake pads for a long time on many different cars with no problems. i don't like to have dirty wheels the same day i wash the car and Axxis helps so much that i can go a week without cleaning the wheels.

the biggest difference for me is that you have to heat any ceramic pads. i feel that just driving a few blocks (stop & go) warms the pad up to perform the same as oem pads but without all the dust.

so if you start off the oem pad will have a better initial brake bite while cold but when the ceramic pad is heated just a few mins i feel that the braking becomes the same.

not to long ago my cusin was going crazy with all the brake dust on his 2008 535xi that only had 8k mls. the car is covered until 100k mls. at that time no one made dustlees pads for the rear.

i went to Bill at Bimmerclinic in NJ for help, he ordered a set of Textar pads (no dust) for front and rear. when all installed i couldn't tell the diff even before warming them up or even bedding them.

after a few weeks i took the car on a +200 ml trip, when i got home the first thing i checked was his 20" chrome wheels. no dust at all even that his car is heavier with 20's and i drove it well over 100mph (i won't tell here) and pushed it most of the way.

even that i love the Axxis pads, my next brake job will have Textar pads and i hope they work as well.