View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Driving around somewhere

Mein Auto: nothing at the moment
I did my test ride Friday late afternoon. It was a black touring model outfitted with the optional touring windscreen. I am 6 foot 3 in with a 33 inch inseam. I wear a size 12 shoe. I felt the stock seat was very comfortable with enough room to make small adjustments in, but honestly it was so comfortable that I didn't really feel the need to shift all that much on the 45 mins that I spent on it (mixed highway and urban). Most comfortable bike I have been on to date.

The mode changes were more than I was expecting. You can really detect the throttle reponse change, the engine output, and the suspension differences. My route was purposely over varied road conditions to test out the different modes. The brakes were very strong and had very good feel. After a couple times, changing between the modes while riding gets a lot easier, and I am sure that after owning one for a couple weeks it would become second nature.

The stock slipper clutch worked beautifully and the power was fantastic. Smooth power and throttle response, no dead zone that I could detect. I have a deposit on a Red Base w/ ABS and simply cannot wait for my bike to arrive. Hopefully within 4 weeks from what the dealer said.