View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 01:05 AM
bluebee's Avatar
bluebee bluebee is offline
Seek to understand,^Value
Location: San Jose, California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 25,236
Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
I'm still working on creating an identification diagram for the 2002 525i M54 engine!

If I use CN90's 1998 as the example, do I finally have the right names for all the spinning objects yet?

A = water pump pulley
B = water pump to crankshaft roller
C = deflector roller (aka idler roller)
D = power steering pump pulley
E = crankshaft pulley, aft (for 5-ribbed serpentine belt)
F = air conditioning compressor pulley
G = crankshaft pulley, fore (for AC compressor belt)
H = AC roller pulley
I = alternator pulley

1. Are these the right names for the 535i 2002 M54 engine?
2. What's the difference between a roller, a pulley, an idler, & a tensioner?
3. How do we know if we have hydraulic or spring-loaded tensioners?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cn90_diagram.gif
Views:	17419
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	230945  
Reply With Quote