View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 09:32 AM
catso

Mein Auto: 2000 323i, 1988 528e
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramelloh View Post
Roger that, Catso. I have had my share of bad habits, some I don't regret, and some I do. Sometimes, doing something bad feels so good, you don't wanna be right, at least for a little while.....like pouring money into an old BMW beater. ;0)

I have a little more time today and would add that some of the cost of the body work included mending the angled face of the driver floor board, patching one of the trailing arm builds to strengthen and prevent further decay, repair of the rear wheel well arches, replacement of the driver's side, lifting hard point. This body guy, Phil Gates, was going on a rampage for this car. I finally had to say whoa, save some for next year. It was a lot of work and the ride could use more. GD money pit, but it looks cool and drives like a dream.

If anyone has a 5 series of this vintage, the above are places you need to inspect.

I still have a little moisture getting in at the back/bottom of the trunk area. I will have to chase after that. I thought the new front and rear glass would cure all those problems. Damn!

;0) r
Alot of those minor trunk leaks are from the seals around the tailights.