View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 335i '09K1300S
New here first post...

I bought the first K1300S in Phoenix last year.

Problems to date: It did stall a few times on me under hard braking comming to a quick stop. Ive heard of others who have had a few more occurances than me, however BMW did put out a recall notice to have the bikes ECU reflashed. I havent had any other problems since.

Pros: Beautifull (I have Lava Orange), FAST and unique. When I decided I wanted another sport bike, yes, even with the release of the S100RR, I consider the K1300S a sport bike, I didnt want to pull up to a red light on a Jap bike and see another one across and or next to me. The K1300S is definately a unique bike. For its size it is very nimble and easy to manuver. The duolever suspension is phemominal. Its comfy around town (has the option of SPORT/NORMAL/COMFY setting) and very stable at speeds in excess of 150. The GSA (Gear Shift Assist) is a must. It allows for clutchless upshifts, after first gear, even at WOT. basically, just pin the throttle and go. ABS, Traction Control and TPMS are added benefits that I have. Its comfy 1up as well as 2up, with the ESA you select either 1 rider, 1 rider with gear or 2 riders and the suspension will auto calibrate to compensate for the added weight.

Cons: I cant stay off of it. Just over 1 year old and I have 11K mi on the bike. Other than the ECU flash and reg oil changes I havent had an issue. The first big service is at 12K, $$.

I have been so please with the quality of my K1300S that I went straight to BMW when I was in the market for a new car. I hopped in an '08 335i coupe and was sold.