View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 05:10 PM

Mein Auto: X35D
Its been awhile since I have been on the forum but just a quick update on the X5 and DEF issue. The SA at Casey never did call me back with the information about how much DEF they installed in my vehicle so we took it down to the dealership where we bought it-Checkered Flag in VA Beach. The SA there said that they had not seen a warning like ours (Incorrect Diesel Exhaust Fluid added) before and they were going to look it over and get the engineers to take a look at the situation. Well, they had the vehicle for a week and said that the engineers came to the conclusion that it had NOTHING to do with the DEF fluid level at all and that it was a DEF sensor setting that had been set incorrectly at the factory. I went to BMWNA and within a week they had contacted both dealerships to get their input into our vehicle's DEF issue and Casey had a check sent to us immediately. They apologized for ever charging me in the first place. BTW, the SA did call me and left a message but never was available when I called to speak with him. I'm not chasing him down and i will never take our X5 back to Casey BMW. Lesson learned :-) Thanks again for all the input, it helped alot!! I am happy to say I am once again one happy X5 35D owner :-)