View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01' 540 M-Sport cdn, F355
Way over analyzing the situation...

Yes, I have topped off the factory oem battery. I used distilled water, though minerals in water is not an issue in Seattle. I bought a plastic bottle at a dollar store that had a thin, angled straw that when you squeeze the bottle sent out a small stream of water. When I first bought the car (it was two years old at that point) I added about 20 cc to each cell to the fill line (meniscus). I believe I topped off once more about 3 years later, and it took perhaps 10 to 15 cc. Easy access, just remove the metal bracket/strap, peel back the stickers on top, and unscrew each cap to check.

Surprisingly, I replaced my battery in late 2006 (still working fine) with a "Werker" branded battery from Batteries Plus (manufactured by East Penn), and it has never needed water, going on 3.5 years now.

Bottom line Bluebee, what does it matter what the total capacity is? Or how much water people have added? If it needs water, fill it.
Factory M-Sport package with factory installed M-tech bumpers, factory Bluetooth, factory M-Audio 10" dual voice coil subs, Homelink, M5 rear stabilizer bar, H&R 15mm spacers, Bilstein B14 PSS coil overs, Stop Tech ss brake lines, Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads, oem Brembo and Zimmerman rotors, Dinan Stage 1 software, Strong Strut front upper stress bar.

Last edited by 540 M-Sport; 06-10-2010 at 10:28 AM.