View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 540 M-Sport View Post
Way over analyzing the situation...
I'm trying to create the best E39 summary on the planet ... otherwise it isn't worth doing.

I added your 20cc bottle-and-straw recommendation.

Quote:
I replaced my battery in late 2006 with a "Werker" branded battery from Batteries Plus (manufactured by East Penn), and it has never needed water, going on 3.5 years now.
Should I add "Werker" to the replacement list?

Quote:
what does it matter what the total capacity is? Or how much water people have added? If it needs water, fill it.
It matters, to me, because I'm trying to be consistent across fluids (where it does matter a lot our experience in how much brake fluid you need to buy, for example, for a flush) - and - it matters because I'm trying to create (as always) the best there is in the world by way of summary.

The ONLY way I can do that is to relentlessly ask questions and field the answers from all of you of your combined experience, after having thoroughly combed both the Bentleys and the owners manual for all the details they have.

I also combed the Internet but that can only go so far because I'm looking for E39-specific information to put in the glove box so that, in a pinch, the owner stuck on the side of the road, has all the handy information in a single page.