View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01' 540 M-Sport cdn, F355
Quote:
Originally Posted by doru View Post
I am using Deka exact fit (649MF). Has 900 CCA @ 0F and 1080 CCA @ 32 F.
185Hr reserve capacity and the 20Amp hr rate is 100. Looks identical with the OEM, only black. very happy so far. Here is a link - hit the application guide.
Yes, these are made by East Penn, same as the "Werker" sold at Batteries Plus stores. I am told (but have not confirmed) Batteries Plus continue to sell relabeled/private label East Penn Batteries, but now under the Ray-o-Vac brand name.

The East Penn "Deka" batteries are awesome in performance, and can also be purchased in the Absorbed Glass Mat configuration (AGM) which are totally sealed, never need water (really) and have an even longer life span than typical liquid cell batteries. I believe the standard Deka for E39 sells for around $130 to $140, and the AGM is around $170. But shop around, I found a Batteries Plus store that sold me mine for $93 (three years ago), and the date code on it was recent, only a month or two old.
Factory M-Sport package with factory installed M-tech bumpers, factory Bluetooth, factory M-Audio 10" dual voice coil subs, Homelink, M5 rear stabilizer bar, Bilstein B14 PSS coil overs, Stop Tech ss brake lines, Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads, oem Brembo and Zimmerman rotors, Dinan Stage 1 software, Strong Strut front upper stress bar.

Last edited by 540 M-Sport; 06-10-2010 at 11:49 AM.