View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 98 740il
Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
That car looks eccellent, like it just rolled off the lot, but lets get some pics of the vette too. I've always wondered, how our cars compare performance-wise to corvettes from the same years. I'd imagine that the vette would be faster in every way, but is it as stable as our 7 at higher speeds? How does it ride around town? Reliability? I'm only asking because I could be in a position to get a 98 vette soon and I have never had a chance to test drive one.

Beautiful car Ultm8drvnmchn, I'm sure your wife will love it.
Thanks bro! As far as a Vette/740 comparo.... thats a tough one. My Vette happens to be a Z06 and I cammed it along with a few other goodies. Its got 467 crank hp and 411 hp 381 tq at the wheels. Its a rocket and corners like its on rails. At speeds over 145, she gets light feelin'... but the car is only 3116ilbs, so it is light. Ive owned 7 Vettes and 2 of them Z06's. Its a really fun experience to say the least. I maintain all my cars to a very high level so as far as reliability, Ive never had an issue with any of my Vettes really. I had an 81 shark and it was the worst of all of them. My favorites are my Z06 and the 1992 ZR-1 I just sold in March. It was the 4 cam Lotus engine Vette. It was 1 of 502 for 92. That was hard to let go. I still miss going out to the garage and seeing it. Thers no sound like an LT5 cranking out 7100 rpm through long tube headers and a full B&B exhaust. almost as good as sex my friend!!

This is my 3rd BMW. Had an 02 525 which was very nice, but a slug. The 03 745li I just sold was frikken as luxurious as one could ask for. No real problems with that car either.
I really like this 740il. I didnt have to give up much on the options list and the looks are better than the 03 IMO. The 03 was an effortless high speed cruiser. 130 mph felt like 65 This 740 gives me a more sportier feeling. I havent really had time to get it out on the highway and I probably wont ubtil I replace the crappy, noisy BFG G-Force tires. They are not a good match for this car IMO.

Go test drive a few Vettes before you buy one. Some are great cars and in mint shape. Some have been beat to hell, but still look nice because dents and rust are not an issue on a plastic car. They are a real kick in the pants to drive. You can PM me if you like if you have any questions or if I can help in any way. Good luck in your quest. Take your time. Theres a crap load of Vettes out there to choose from and prices are very competitive.