View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 740iL

Thats what I like about LS and LT motors, they are so easy to find parts for, and there is a wealth of knowledge from people who have modified them, and are willing to help. My brother and I are currently doing our first motor swap by putting a LT1 in an 87 Caprice. We were going to put an LS motor but we couldn't find one for the right price. He plans to do alot of upgrades to it and make it a sleeper.

I, on the other hand, always dream of modding my cars, but never actually get around to doing it. That's why I look to buy cars that I can enjoy stock. If I get the Vette though, , that might change. The first thing that comes to mind is a cam, headers, and a supercharger. I actually had a ZR-1 with an LT5 come into a shop I was working at. When I asked how much he wanted for it, he could only smile. We started talking and he told me it was the only real Hemi-Chevy I'd probably ever see. His car was immaculate.

One thing I've always wanted to ask though, since the Vette has a trans-axle, can you change the gearing in the rear-end?

Give me a couple years, then me and you are going to have to line them up .