Thread: 535 v. 550
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
I'm not so sure. The F10 felt a little "tinny". I expected it to be much more solid based on the increase in weight. In addition, one of the 535s I drove had a B pillar seat belt rattle, similar to my 2008 535i - that the dealer could never really fix. It's ceratinly better than the E60 - more like half a step forward, than a full step. Just talking about the solidity of the interior and doors, and not its design and materials. Wheras the transmission and suspension are both full steps forward.
The F10 felt "tinny" compared to your 3 series? Really? I find that hard to believe. My 6 feels a lot more "solid" than any 3 I have driven, it's not even close. There is simply no comparison. Every generation of BMW has a higher degree of torsional rigidity than the last. That "tinny" feeling may just be a product of your perceptions, not one of actual structural rigidity. I will be very surprised if my new 550i isn't as solid as my "old" 650i. My '99 540 was more "solid" than my '93 740 and my 650 is more "solid" than my 540 and M5.
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.

Last edited by richschneid; 06-11-2010 at 04:45 PM.