View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Timing is everything

Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nube1kenobi View Post
I tried to post the below link for you since yesterday but the site have been having issues. You may want to read the SIB below.

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B010306g.htm
Thank you for that. I have it printed up and will use it if need be. I still am waiting for a call from the dealership. Supposedly they did the 2-1 tip in yesterday and were going to drive the car home and call me today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewils View Post
My car is back at the dealer for the fourth (!) time for the transmission hiccups, and is spending the night. The regional engineer wants to drive the car again because they couldn't re-create the symptoms. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. I offered to come by today and/or tomorrow to drive the car for them in case they couldn't re-create the issue but they declined (hmmmm....). If they don't decide to do a real repair this time, I'm calling BMWNA.
I was surprised to when they told me they could re-create the issue...now it's just how many band aides do they want to apply before switching out the tranny?

If you do call BMWNA, make sure you describe the problem as I did (posted earlier in the thread) as it's detailed that way from a TSB posted. This way you are describing it exactly as BMW has and there is no room for misinterpretation.

Driving around the loaner 2010 528 is nice, the updated software and navigation is sharp. I really want my software update as well, don't think I can go back to the old brown screen after what I've seen.