View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: '04 545i, 01 740il
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanman View Post
What does a PUMA case mean? My car has 44K miles on it and is currently with the dealer. They are just updating the programming. If a PUMA case is opened would I be able to tell my SA about that so they can do more than just program? Thanks a lot.

Problem und Mebnahmenmanagement Aftersales - Basically it's the highest level of tech support within BMW. The local dealership tech hooks the car up to diagnostic computer and an engineer (probably in Germany) access the car and tries to diagnose the issue. I think a lot of dealers wait until they are sure they have eliminated all possibilities before opening a PUMA case. But, I think once it's opened it gets logged into a database. So, BMW must be seeing an increase in this particular complaint.

Sirloins it sounds like you are making headway in your progress. Opening the PUMA is huge and now it's at the highest level of technical service you can go to. The engineer that is working the PUMA I think has the ability to make a judgement on goodwill warranty if you are outside of warranty period. They are sending you through the same thing I had to go through and ended up with new mechatronics.