View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebee View Post
Oh my! The force in that video is humongous! I would think an adjustable crescent wrench would shatter with all that force applied!

I'm curious why he used the open ended part of the 32mm wrench; wouldn't you have used the box part of the open-end wrench so as to distribute the 3lb hammer forces on the nut?

BTW, in the video, the 'brute' said 32mm is the same as 1 1/4 inches. Doing the math, 32mm is close to 1 1/4 inches (1.26").

When I order the wrench, if I order a 1 1/4 instead, do you think the extra tenth of an inch matters?

Any wrench that fits around the nut will do. The amount of force required is simply not that great, a quick sharp wrap with a regular hammer is sufficient to break nut free.

If you can't find the 32mm wrench at Northern then try Harbor Freight, no need to pay top dollar for this item.

You have to use the open end of wrench because how in the world are you going to get the box end on the nut with the fan clutch in the way????

NAV MKIV | PP | CWP | Xenons | Style 42s | Rear Shades | OEM ULF Bluetooth | Euro Armrest | Beisan Vanos Seals |

2003 530i/5Spd Sport - Titanium Silber/Schwarz Montana
| PP | Xenons | Style 42s | OEM TCU Bluetooth | Euro Armrest | Beisan Vanos Seals |

2001 525iA - Anthracite Metalic / Grau Montana
Sold but in the "family"
| Euro Armrest | Beisan Vanos Seals |

Last edited by xraye39; 06-25-2010 at 04:32 PM.