View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Timing is everything

Mein Auto: 2005 545i
I picked up the car yesterday, and it is running great. No slam is present, although I feel the car isn't pulling as much through the gears but I can't confirm this yet. I was trying to scan i my receipt from the dealership but my scanner isn't working. I'll type up the work writeup for others to use.

Quote:

J# 2 24BRZ1000......................................... .................................................. .................................................. ...................
Comment: Customer states the vehicle seems to lurch when you are starting off. Feels like bumped from behind.
Also seems to happen when slowing down. (See diag sheet)

CPO Warranty
Faulty software and mechatronic module
Performed short test and found no related faults. Test drove and verified harsh 2-1 and 1-2 shift. Submitted TC case 32472910 and was
instructed to perform 2-1 tip in case ISIS. Performed 2-1 tip in retrofit with ISSS and test drove after programming found downshift
was fine but vehicle has harsh 3-4 upshift. Supplemented TC case and was instructed to replace the mechatronic. Removed trans pan and
sealing sleeve and replaced the mechatronic with new pan and sleeve. Filled with new fluid and programmed new mechatronic. 2-1 tip in and
mechatronic replacement was done with ISTAP 37.2.0.4 cleared faults and adaptations after repair.

PARTS......QTY....FP..NUMBER...........DESCRIPTION .........LIST..PRICE.UNIT.
JOB # 2 1 24-33-7-571-233 RMFD MECHATRONICS WARRANTY
JOB # 2 3 83-22-0-142-516 OIL WARRANTY
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................
I hope this helps someone get the same service for their vehicle from the dealership. I'm bummed I didn't get the idrive update, but overall can't complain as this only cost me $50.