View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwapro View Post
I called my Service Advisor today for an update, and he informed me that the sleeve thing was causing the leak, and that he was going to contact my extended warranty company, Vehicle One, to open a claim.

Regarding the 35-40 shifting issue, he said there was a software update, that has resolved the issue for many. It seems a couple of people have had success with that on the forums and/or this thread, so maybe it'll work. It doesn't matter to me much, either way, as long as it is fixed, and along with the issue being resolved when you get the hard shift when decelerating to 0.
I got the car back a few days later, after they had it in for service, and the SA said that they performed a software upgrade, but when looking at the invoice, the notes from the Tech., say that the software was already up to date, and that they re-initialized the adaptive values, or something.

Anyways, the car did not seem to have the issue, of course, because of the adaptive values being reset. About a couple of weeks later here, the issues have returned. So, I called my SA and setup a new appointment. He said that they will have me go for a test drive with the shop foreman.

Why can't the dealerships just contact whoever at BMWNA or whereever and research the issue, and find that the issue is occurring to multiple vehicles, and the solution is to replace the Mechatronics unit. It's at least a bit irritating to the customer to have to take the vehicle back in for service, for the same issue.