View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Just installed JB3.Vroom!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i-Black on Black
Trading in my 2011 F10.. Already..

I know, it's crazy.. But, I think I can get it worked out where I don't lose too much money..

I bought a 2011 535i off the lot. (last time I won't "build" one myself)

I thought the "sport package" included a sport suspension.. I'm still not certain if the sport package has the same suspension as the non sport, but I'm thinking it does.

It has:

-Sport
-Nav
-Premium 1
-Comfort Access
-Convenience Package
-Ipod
-Parking Distance Sensor

The problem that I've posted before is that the handling just really seems loose.. Coming from the 335, it's a big difference.

I'm reading on here that the Dynamic Handling Package, is a must if your a sport/enthusiast driver.

So I went in to the CA, and said this is what I want to build:

-Sport
-Nav
-iPod
-Comfort Access
-Dynamic Handling Package

My questions are - And Sorry for the neurotic volume of questions..

1. Is the DHP really noticeable?

-Can more people comment on the difference between the DHP and non-DHP package?

-Will it tighten the suspension, be tighter in the steering, and greatly reduce body roll to the point that it's worth all this trouble?

Would anyone not do the DHP again if given the choice?

-Arent' there some kinks with the DHP that people have noticed, if so, what are they?

2. Would you trade up the convenience package, premium 1 package and park distance package for DHP?

The premium 1 is kind of a joke, dimming mirrors, and ambiance lighting.. come on.

The convenience package is kind of cool, but I can close my own trunk, and re-close my doors, if I close them incorrectly.

The park distance control is pretty usefull actually and I have been enjoying it, but again, not a necessity.

I will stand to lose around $2,000 if I do this, which I don't mind, it's the price I pay for not researching the car properly, and being impulsive.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thx,

Jeff
Ads by Google