View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
How Fast do you have to be going??

Bombay Jay
In the heat

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by Bombay Jay

To launch your BMW 7 feet up on a house after hitting another house and tree.

Certainly more than the posted 25mph speed limit!!

I say video on the news which I cannot find on line which showed the remains of the BMW, I couldn't make out what it was except that it was jet black.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...h-2-572938.php

DARIEN -- A town woman died in a single car accident early Sunday morning on Hollow Tree Ridge Road after crashing a BMW through two houses, one of them occupied, according to

police.

Police withheld the name of the accident victim pending notification of her family, Darien Police Sgt. Jeremiah Marron said. The driver was transported to Stamford Hospital, where she died early Sunday, Marron said.

There were no other injuries.

Police responded to the accident about 1:30 a.m., after the vehicle, which was heading south on Hollow Tree Ridge Road, struck a curb before driving through a first-floor bedroom of 126 Hollow Tree Ridge Road, striking a tree, and entering the rear area of a house at 122 Hollow Tree Ridge Road, coming to rest in the kitchen, Marron said.

The first house was unoccupied, but a family was asleep in the second house, Marron said.

Police consider excessive speed to be a factor in the crash, Marron said, measuring that the car struck the second home's chimney about 7 feet off the ground. The vehicle was removed from the house at about 10 a.m., police said.

The owners of 126 Hollow Tree Ridge Road could not be reached for comment, and the owner of 122 Hollow Tree Ridge Road declined to

comment.

Severe damage to the second home complicated recovering the car, Marron said, and the Noroton Heights Fire Department was ordered to demolish the chimney because of the hazard it presented.

"The problem that we've been facing is that there's so much structural damage to the house that it's in danger of collapsing. It's been a little tricky trying to remove the vehicle. We have it out on the driveway on its roof, but it's barely discernible as a vehicle," Marron said Sunday morning.

Darien police are asking anyone with information about the accident to contact them at

203-662-5300.