View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 550ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
Anyone here have Cinnamon brown leather, and if so, do you like it? I thought I was going to pair the Titanium Silver Metallic with it (different, I know), but when I looked at the actual color in person, it's way darker than when building your own on bmwusa.com.

Also, how is the black interior as far as heat and dirt? I've never owned a car with black interior, and I haven't been drawn to it ever, but it would be a nice contrast to a silver exterior.
-snip-
Well of course this is just IMO, but I would never have anything but dark-colored upholstery. Yes, it MIGHT get a little warmer than with a lighter-color, dust neither I nor wifey have noticed (and, believe me, wifey is a friggin' PhD when it comes to cleanliness), but in my experience lighter-colored material gets dirty, quickly, and looks it (e.g. sweat in a pair of blue jeans and then drive the car for a while). If you have the time and don't mind being particular about cleaning the interior, then fine. But dirt should be at least a consideration.