View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 740I SPORT
U definetly have air in the system...Turn engine on and open up OBC in your cluster. Open #9...#9 will show your temperature...turn heater on to 90 degrees ..Open hood and unscrew the vent screw loacted by the expansion tank... Car will idle to about 100 to 105 c
..You will see coolant bubbles escape the vent screw... Now with your hand reach the lower radiator hose escaping the passenger lower side of the radiator.......feel the temp by hand..if it is COLd.. the Thermostat has NOT open up........Kepp bleeding until that hose starts to feel warm or HOT...once hot then the thermostat has opened up and coolant is NOW flowing thru ur sstem corrctly....and Now tighten up the vent screw and ur DONE!@!!!!!
ask me how I knwo...I have bled my 7 about 11 times for various reasons........Im a DIY pro!
2000 740i Sport , Alpina 21`, Alpina Lip, Alpina Deco Stripe kit,Dinan 7,Dinan TB, DINAN CAI, DINAN Exhaust, Dinan Software Stage 5, Dinan manifold, Highline individual interior,Eibach/Bilstein,Zimmerman Timing guides done

Last edited by FABOCH; 07-25-2010 at 03:58 PM.