View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 535i, Barbera Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfish View Post
Greetings. I have a Blackberry 8830 and it paired easily and voice dialing works fine with my 2010 528xi. BUT - A QUESTION! Who has figured out how to send additional digits DURING a phone call (not call a third party or conference)?? My office voice mail requires that after the system answers (1) I send my extension, (2) I send my passcode, (3) I send a couple digits each time I want to move from one message to the next, delete, repeat, forward, dial an extension in the office, etc. I can do all that fine on my Acura MDX ('05) by just pressing the voice button and saying "send ****". I cannot find any instructions for doing this on the BMW. Any ideas?
I set up my BlackBerry Bold 9700 to auto dial my office voicemail. I used the #2 speed dial, entered the phone number for voicemail, then hit the menu button. The menu brings up the options to enter a pause or a wait. I used a pause. As soon as the voicemail answers I just hit the scroll pad and the next set of digits get "typed" automatically. That finishes the sequence and I can then listen to, delete, save, all the voicemails using the normal options. It is very easy to set up and use. And I am listening to the whole thing through the Bluetooth in the car while it is dialing. There may be other ways but this works.

2010 535i, Barbera Red Metallic, Creambeige/black Dakota leather, Sport, Nav