View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Think Solar

Mein Auto: 2008 X3; 2007 650i conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
There isn't much interest in the US for an X1 because most Americans will view it as too small and expensive for their needs. It's a wonder that BMW even decided to bring it over because the US just isn't a suitable market for it.
I don't agree. I've heard from at least two co-workers who own an X5/X3 that they are now thinking about the X1. My wife--normally not one to get too excited about cars--has asked me several times "when can we get one of those X1's we saw in Munich?" (BTW, during a non-ED visit to the Welt recently, the X1 was getting just about as much attention as the F9 concept car turning on the dias next to it.)

My sense is that there are more people out there that are thinking "smaller is better" for a number of reasons.

As a former X5 owner, and current X3 owner, I'm pretty excited about this vehicle. I may not be representative of the total market, but I can tell you that I would likely have thought "too small" only a few years ago. My perspective has changed, and I don't think I'm the only one.

MY2008 X3 3.0si |Monaco Blue| Sand | Sport | Prem | NAV | Auto | Euro Delivery 9/21/07

2004 X5 4.4i (retired)