View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 06:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben's 545i View Post
I too was out of warranty and after a few trips to dealer they opened a PUMA and authorized mechatronics replacement. As I said in my last post I think the replacement has to do with your relationship with the SA and how hard they are willing to fight for you.
Thanks for the insight but the verdict is in and here's the dillemma:

Dealership called and said BMWNA will NOT offer good will. SA at first seemed to be pushing but when I expressed great disappointment he referred me to his Supervisor who I've emailed with no response. Best they can do is give me a 'great price'. Per BMWNA trans is shout and they want to do a major overhaul by replacing the trans and software which comes out close to 8.5K with labor. And this getntlemen occurred at ~78,300 miles.

Called BMWNA and spoke with a case manager and when they tried to research if this is a PUMA case there was no record. Leaves me thinking if they really reached out to BMWNA or if this is a stonewall tactic?!? Case manager understood my frustration and was willing to offer 10% off from Coprporate and will be calling the dearlership to broker something. Reasonable is probably out of the question at this point.

I emailed and will be calling an independent BMW shop regarding the following that did my brakes/oil change when I first purchased for a quote.

Question: Has anyone ever dealt with their independent BMW reapir shop in this type of circumstance given the scope of work entailed? Would they have ability to change the trans+software or is this something the dealership can only do?

Thank God for my E500.