View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Zipcars
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53K View Post
I am quite aggravated by this as well. I gave up an August production slot, just to get the September production change and now it looks like I will lose the ultimate drive event credit AND not get the update.
I am not sure how truthful it is, but my CA had a week 35 slot for me but told me yesterday that it got moved forward to week 34 by BMW. He said it is normal for BMW to pull forward or push backward a bit depending upon their manufacturing pace. Anyone knows if it is true? So I gave up that slot just to get the September build and now this!! Someone took that week 34 slot already
I told him unless he can get me a week 36 (to have a little bit of chance to get it delivered before 9/30), put me on a week 41 slot. I waited this long and am losing the UDE credit, I just can't NOT wait for the damn change….UGH
I believe your CA is correct - my dealer said the ordering system has changed from how it used to be, there isn't a true level of predictability now. BMW has gone to more of a "just in time" approach, which means things aren't as rigidly scheduled.

I'm just glad that I didn't bother waiting, sounds like there's going to be a bunch of angry customers plugging in their iPods to find no artwork, lol.

Wonder if BMW will learn their lesson, and only do these major changes with a new MY - it pisses off customers who bought a 2011 to find it's not a 2011v2, not to mention all the orders trying to get 2011v2 based off various rumors and misinformation. Poorly handled all around.