View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW X3
It has been a few months since I replied and I have some updates...I changed the throttle bodyand the Cam Position Sensor. When the car is super cold it throws the following error codes:

P1632 Throttle Valve Adaptation; Adaptation Condition Not Met
P1634 Throttle Valve Adaptation; Spring Test Failed

Here are some of the answers to the questions posted:

- odometer reading? 144k

- service history? all maintenance is done on time. I replaced all spark plugs at 100k

- ownership history? I am the second owner

- did it start this suddenly or intermittently at first? Just suddenly appeared and not after any changes other than a few months before changing the spark plugs.

- is the car kept inside or outside overnight If I keep the car in the garage it is fine most of the time. If I even leave it out in the summer it will do a mild skip, but not like in the winter.

- any recent repairs done? None

- any aftermarket electronic devices such as alarm/remote start? None

- is the warmup time still the same as it always was? I replaced the thermostat awhile back as it was showing an error code that it was stuck open. I replaced after these problems were starting and I still have the same problems.

My first thought was something to do with the secondary air pump.
Because that is in operation only during warmup, and any noise from it would be heard on the passenger side of the engine bay.
Could be a vacuum problem while the pump is in operation.

Anything ever happened that could have damaged the cats.? Not sure what the cats are...

However, the clicking noises during the misfires sound like a relay in the area of the fuses behind the glove box.
Any thoughts about the fuel pump? Considering replacing the pump...but it is 300 bucks
Could have developed a fault that is only an issue when vehicle is cold?

Even though there is no SES light, you may have to pay up to get the dealer's computer to reveal what codes are there from the misfiring.
UPDATE: I see you do get an SES - but this normally stays on, so you can get it read easily.

Sorry for the delayed responses!!!

S- odometer reading?

- service history?

- ownership history?

- did it start this suddenly or intermittently at first?

- is the car kept inside or outside overnight

- any recent repairs done?

- any aftermarket electronic devices such as alarm/remote start?

- is the warmup time still the same as it always was?

My first thought was something to do with the secondary air pump.
Because that is in operation only during warmup, and any noise from it would be heard on the passenger side of the engine bay.
Could be a vacuum problem while the pump is in operation.

Anything ever happened that could have damaged the cats.?

However, the clicking noises during the misfires sound like a relay in the area of the fuses behind the glove box.
Any thoughts about the fuel pump?
Could have developed a fault that is only an issue when vehicle is cold?

Even though there is no SES light, you may have to pay up to get the dealer's computer to reveal what codes are there from the misfiring.
UPDATE: I see you do get an SES - but this normally stays on, so you can get it read easily.

Sorry for the delayed responses...

Best,
Scott