View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ressan View Post
I purhased the same set but from a local vendor. The tires are a personal preferrence. Whether you go with run flats(Bridgestone) or not(Continental). I didn't go with run flats. I went with the Falken 452's on recommendation from a friend.

TPMS sensors are about $200 on ebay. If you have the system them definitely install them. You can ask the ebay vendor to install them for you and pay them extra.
Ok thanks. The vendor has Nexen R3000 275/30/19 & 245/35/19 for $835. I looked them up and they seem to be a descent brand. They also have the same set on Hankook for $965 which I found at tirerack for about $820sh. Apparently these are more summer tires. The Nexen have a really nice looking thread tho.

TPMS:
I just went to Autozone to get a windshield sunscreen and just for the heck of it I asked for TPMS sensors and they can order all four for around $86 (19.99 each). However, there were 3 kinds: 43mm - silver insert, 51mm - orange insert and 49mm - black insert. Do you know which one would be the right size for our cars? Is anybody here familiar with those from Autozone?

Thanks