View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 05:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to cesmoot
Mein Auto: 325i
It took me 4 hours (including going to get the replacement part) and a lot of frustrating moments and feelings of claustrophobia, but with my wife's help (her hands were small enough to push back the clip and remove the FSU (blower motor resistor).

Then we were off to BMW for the part: $134.00 ( I didn't want to wait to fix it)
The reassembly was a little tricky and only took about 1/2 hour and we were off to the car wash.

I did manage to break both the clips off the SDU harness, so be careful not to remove the harness until the FSU is out. Even with the broken clips the unit connected snugly.

Also, it was tricky getting the heater duct out (I do not see how you can do this job otherwise) and back in, but take your time you will figure it out. Pull back gently on the leather trim till it pops loud, but no more. You will not do any damage you can see. You have to work the heater duct out from the back to the front (use a light to see).

Drink lots of water and take several breaks. Once you do this once it will be a piece of cake the next time. I was moving nicely until I had to deal with the heater duct removal. Take your time here....

It helps if someone can hold a flashlight and hand you tools as you go. You will be working in a very tight space, so be prepared. My feet were dangling over the reclined front seat and out of the open back passenger door.

Thanks everyone for the threads. I couldn't have attempted this without you.