View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:47 AM
My Other Car Is A Bus

Mein Auto: 07 530Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermar View Post
Just bought a new iPod Nano last night along with a new iMac. My intent is to dedicate (leave plugged in) by leaving it attached to the iPod connector in the armrest of my 2009 535xi with the OE BWM attachment/cord/charger. Sounds like the current Nano should work very well (display a BMW logo even) with the iDrive. Any first hand expereince would be appreciated. Question about shuffle - I think it works that when a song is playing you push down on the idrive controller and select 'random' - and this will start shuffling songs on the nano after the current song is done playing?/

Also, paired my new iPhone4 this morning - no problem paired super easy and was making calls from the idrive right away.
The nano may not charge,but otherwise it works well. If it doesn't charge it's not a big deal really. You can let it charge when you sync it to your iMac. That's been my experience. I have the iPod adaptor in the glovebox. Yours may work a little differently. I have good control of my nano using the iDrive controller.

'04 X3 2.5i gone
'07 X3 3.0si gone