View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
It's amusing to see people speculate using weight, torque and hp compared to other models and coming to conclusions of times down to tens of seconds. Have you forgotten that the F10 has a new tranny? Forget you calculations and wait for the tested numbers. The tested numbers of the F10 535i is the only one that could give you an idea. It will be faster but how much is a guess at best.
An eight speed transmission will be faster 0-60 than a 6 speed. Check out the actual torque multiplication in first gear, ie the first gear ratio times the final drive ratio. It is quite accurate to do these calculations to do a COMPARATIVE analysis. It would not make sense to try to derive the actual 0-60 time from analyzing these variables. That's why I said you have to compare only those numbers from the same publication. C&D is almost always at least 0.3 seconds faster than the BMW published time. You also have to look for differences in the cars tested, eg tire size. But all things being equal this analysis almost always works.
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.

Last edited by richschneid; 08-20-2010 at 02:40 PM.