View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 530i Sport Premium
I had my windshield replaced twice in two weeks, the first one installed did not have the right auto wiper sensor on it but my old windshield was out (broken on the way out) and the new one installed before I pointed it out to the installer (he was not too bright!). Anyways, he also claimed the adhesive set in 1 hour so I waited the hour and drove home, 30 minutes into my ride I started to hear a whistle from the "roof", turns out the windshield had slid down a good 1/8" opening a thin gap between the top of the new windshield rubber and the metal roof of the car (looked like a rain gutter that runs just behind the rubber "frame"). When they installed the correct windshield, I taped up the glass and let it sit overnight, no slipping and no whistle. My sunroof also makes a whistle after a tree branch fell on it (good luck I guess) and pressed it down 1/4" below the normal place it sits on one side. A BMW dealer fixes that TU but this is more of a wind noise vs. a whistle. Hope this helps, maybe you have a crack in the rubber that lets air into the rain gutter behind it.

2002 530i
Exterior: Black
Interior: Black
Packages: Sport, Premium, Cold Weather
Options: HID, Folding Rear Seats, Ski-pass

Last edited by Hooray!; 08-29-2010 at 08:10 PM.