View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 228i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshotel View Post
Good luck! my ipod saga just ended after 9 months. I have a 2010 and had the same problem from day 1 when the car was delivered in November. Service advisors were all to happy to blame it on Apple without even really trying to fix it. After several visits I finally decided to write a letter to the owner of the dealership. My main point to him was that this issue was identified before i ordered my car and that I should have been told that it didn't work with all ipods before I ordered it. Well, one day after the letter the issue was fixed. It has something to do with the USB cable. All of tge cables have the same part number but some of them work with the ipod touch and others don't. After trying several different cables the finally found one that works. That was Friday and all is well so far. Don't let them BS you......it is not a problem with Apple. If it was mine wouldn't be working right now.
Thanks alot! I'll look into it.

For anyone else with this problem, I think I found s work-around. As long as both the vehicle and iPod are on when I plug it in, it seems to work like its supposed and charge the iPod.