View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 525I
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW_396 View Post
What is the best option for proper ride height? I don't really have 500lb of weights laying around.

Regards,
DaveW
There's another recent thread floating around re: thrust arms. That along with this thread have given me the courage to tackle this next job on my 525I.

I'll be ordering my arms from Mark at EACTuning, and ball joint removal tool from Harbor Freight.

My question is it looks like the final two steps in this process are a - tighten bushing side of arms down, then b - tighten sway bar bolts down.

However, it looks like this job gets done under load with the car resting on it's wheels and about 400lbs of weight inside. I'm not sure if this was addressed but those that have done this work, is there an alternative to buggin your wife, neighbor, kids, dogs to sit in your car while you tighten bolts down?

Though not very exact, my thinking to ensure proper alignment/height after this install is to mark each bolt and stud with paint that indicates where the original position was before I loosened the part.

Could that work?
- 2003 525I Sedan - Manual Tranny, M-tech Bumpers Front/Rear, shadowline, M5 Mirrors, 19" Miro 279's, NNR Coilovers, Front lip, 50% tint, Dinan ECU Stage II, Dinan CAI, Dinan Free Flow Exhaust, DICE Ipod, Connects2/Parrot Bluetooth, SSK Kit, AC Schnitzer Shift Knob, CDV Delete,
- 2008 R350 Mercedes Wagon
- 1998 M3 Coupe - Manual Tranny, completely stock

Last edited by aa240sx; 09-01-2010 at 01:23 PM.