Thread: 2011 Tow Hitch
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 08:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 3.5i Premium
2011 Tow Hitch

Sorry to hear about the 2011 X5 trailer hitch delays.
Visited BMW dealer in Smithtown, NY on August 21st, saw a new 2011 X5 3.5i Premium in showroom and started to discuss leasing but had to have a trailer hitch or no deal.
Never owned a BMW but dealer sales person was great and checked availability of towing hitch installation, after he initially said September availability. I only wanted a BMW factory hitch and he quoted $1100 (discounted from $1150) and confirmed that programming and trim kit was now ready for dealer installed delivery by August 25th. He did not want to lose this sale and I got a good lease rate based on "invoice price" and sizeable credit for purchase of my 2009 Honda Pilot Touring edition that had 16 payments remaining on current lease. It took service tech approx. 3 hour to program onboard computer to recognize trailer electrical connection so that all trailer lights, etc. work properly. No change to my 7-pin connector plug and everything works. I have a single axle trailer with surge brakes. Will retrieve my boat on Sept. 2nd from marina before Hurricane Earl reaches Long island on Friday.