View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgzimmer View Post
tturedraider, I'm sure you see a good side of that dealership, but my experiences have been less than positive. Note that I have purchased FIVE new BMW's since 2004. I'm not exactly a window shopper. I shop to purchase.

On two separate occasions I have attempted to purchase through them, but on both occasions I was not treated as a serious buyer. I felt like the CA thought I was wasting his time both times. I had scheduled appointments and shown up on time for them. I am not a hard negotiator. I am actually a pretty easy sell. My household income is what I would consider well into upper middle class and my credit score as of two weeks ago was approaching 800. Yet, when I walked in with my wife and two kids, the CA acted as if I was just someone there to take a free test drive despite the fact that each time I pulled up in a relatively new BMW. Thanks, but no thanks.

To each his own, I guess, but I'll stay where I am since I am able to buy the car I want at a price that's comfortable for me. My last two were negotiated via email. I only showed up for delivery and to sign the paperwork. I have a great SA who knows who I am when I call or stop by out of the blue and who even tells me things most people wouldn't know about the cars. We even discussed the HPFP issue before I bought my 335.
I've heard this complaint before. It may be 100% valid, but I think, at least sometimes, it's because they try to be really low pressure. I've had it happen, too. I'm in there looking for several minutes before anyone even approaches me and asks if I need help. However, blowing you off as a serious customer is unacceptable. I can't imagine a CA doing that with someone who had the courtesy to make an appointment and even show up on time. I have not actually purchased from them, only because I've ended up finding and purchasing my bimmers from long distance. I have used their service department and have been pleased with those experiences.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 09-03-2010 at 05:02 PM.