View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 06:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_x View Post
Hi There,

Vehicle looks awesome. I have a 07 530XI looking to do a similar setup. Quick question - are you in an area that gets snow, and if so, did you save the old rims and tires for winter driving? My stock tires are almost ready for replacement, trying to decide about just getting 4 snow tires for the winter and doing this getup for the spring and summer of 2011. I'm hesitant on 4 snow tires as I drive about 4000 miles a month and really only need snow tires a few days out of the year, but this will be my first year of driving without a Jeep so I also don't wanna be a fool.
Thanks,
I live in Denver but haven't driven the car on the snow yet. I'm keeping my stock rims and tires for winter although I don't plan on putting them on unless I really need to (I work from home and don't need to drive on the snow unless it's for fun). I think with our XIs, snow tires aren't really necessary. All season should do the trick. Last winter I had a 05 infiniti G35X (all wheel drive sedan) with all season stock rims/tires and had no problem at all on the snow. Personally I think all season tires is a good way too go for the spare second set of rims with an all wheel drive car. If the snow is too bad out there the car won't even have clearance any way. That way if you get a flat/dent on your new rims during summer you'll still have a usable all season set until you resolve the issue.