View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
If you wreck a car on a test drive (even if it's an ///M5) the dealer is going to be disappointed and they are going to look straight to you and your insurance company to make them whole. They are probably going to insist the repair be made at a BMW Certified Collision Repair Center, if there is one within a reasonable distance.

I haven't read anyone say the offending dealer should be allowed to repair the car. In fact, since BMW of Dallas has a BMW CCRC, I think they are an excellent choice to do the repair. A sentiment I expressed more than one on that other forum.
Uh, here is what you posted a few days ago...somewhere between 6 and 10 posts after you said

Quote:
And I'm finished posting in this thread, since by doing so I'm the main one on Bimmerfest giving this story any traction and that I do not want to do.
(Shall I offer the opinion that your steadfast 'defense' of this dealership has helped incite even more vitriol?

Quote:
The accident happened on a Saturday and he immediately posted on a public forum of ///M5 enthusiasts. Over the next two days the thread already had eight pages and approx. 75 angry posts before anything really happened. On Monday he refused their plan to repair the car and instructed them to ship it to another dealership. On Tuesday he had already retained a lawer and was stating how he and his lawyer were planning to "crush these guys!" He gave them virtually no time to even do anything. This does not sound to me like a level headed and reasonable response.
He has no obligation to allow them ANY "plan"!

HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT GETS TO CHOOSE THE NEXT STEP. Once they wrecked it, no matter how, what skids, etc, etc, it is the owner that decides.

You are really twisted up by this owner aggressively asserting all their legal rights. It is rather strange.

A

PS That E60 forum is indeed tough