View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
Yes, I have heard this before...

I think Doru went with the OEM Jurids because he knows they WILL brake well regardless of the temperature outside.
Which Axxis pads are you recommending...?
+1,000,000 to that. Drove in -50C (-58F) and in +35C (95 F). Never had a problem. Same braking.
And for Orxan: "what if I had kids...etc, etc)" is the scariest thought. I can tell you 100% it was a moment of utmost scariness when I hit the brakes and nothing happened. In like 50-60m. In a panic brake situation, if you would have experienced what I experienced, you would have gone through 3 walls and 2 blown airbags. At least. And I don't want to drive and pump the breaks steady so they are warm just in case. Brakes should brake and that's it. Maybe my combo of drilled rotors didn't fare too well, because I noticed other people have the blanks installed with the Akebono, or they are just in denial - this I don't know. But I will NOT forget the moments I went through. Needless to say, since the incident, I always pump the brakes every now and then (like I have other stuff to worry about besides my temp gauge, and traffic) and yes, it brakes OK. Soon we will have real winter, and I just want peace of mind. End of story, and thanks everyone for listening to my rant. The post is called "review" and I hope I posted the good and the bad about these pads. Everyone is free to do whatever he wants with his hard earned cash.
TMS underdrive pullies - Stewart WP - PSS9 - Beisan Vanos seals - Zimmerman cross-drilled & Akebono Euro - Deka 649 MF - 55w HID headlights - 35w HID foglights - Hualigan double din - ACS (rep) alu pedals - Euro central storage console - Breyton Magic Racing staggered wheels - M5 bumper - M5 steering wheel - Tint
Stable: e39, e53, e46 & Tribby