View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Bimmerholic

Mein Auto: 2001 530 SP/PP/CWP/Slush
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
If you want a second opinion, scroll back and read my posts. What would you like me to elaborate on the "they suck in the winter" / "I told you so" part???

mw
Well Jared at EAC says they give up a little bit of initial cold bite, but when warmed up are better than OEM. That's a lot different than being on the highway and having no brakes, a la Doru.

Obv all new pads take some adjustment. I can live with low brake dust versus no brake dust if it means the difference of good cold bite versus not very good cold bite--nobody wants to be pumping the brakes every time they get in the car November through March. I will be using solid or slotted rotors not drilled.

I'd like to hear more than two opinions from those who have used them. I understand you don't like them.

2001 530 Steel Blue Metallic, purchased Dec 03
SP/PP/CWP/Slushbox (I know I know)

OEM M5 bumper, 40% Huper Optik ceramic tint, Dice Silverline Pro iPod adapter, 540SP radial spokes, Zimmerman Z-Coat rotors w/ Hawk HPS pads
"Mods": driveshaft, cooling system, Vanos, CCV, PSR, VCG, FSU, spark plugs, buncha belts-n-hoses, & other things I'd just as soon forget

BMW CCA member for 12 years

Last edited by Josh P.; 09-13-2010 at 01:24 PM.