View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 02 530, 02 540, 07 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaping View Post
May I ask what triggered the airbag light in the first place, and if the Carsoft tool read the code properly? From what I've read, it is most commonly due to the sensor in the seat itself or the sensor in the seatbelt. Did the reset tool turn off the light without you having to correct the cause? I have been dealing with this light for quite some time now (I think my son kneed on the seat itself while trying to reach for something in the backseat). CN90 was trying to come up with a fix for this issue as well. Thanks in advance.
My issue at that time was when I was replacing the steering wheel buttons, I turned the key to unlock the wheel when I had the airbag out. I accidently turned the key to the on position which triggered the light. Once I reassembled the wheel, I knew there would not be an issue but it doesn't reset the light so I had a friend reset it for me. I'm sure there isn't a problem with the SRS system. Thanks

I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be eaten by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.